In this episode, Wayne Pollock, the founder of the Law Firm Editorial Service, See more +
In this episode, Wayne Pollock, the founder of the Law Firm Editorial Service, interviews Gerry Oginski, a New York medical malpractice attorney. Gerry has created over 3400 videos to market his medical malpractice law firm and was one of the pioneers of using educational videos to market a law firm.
Gerry is the author of Secrets of Lawyer Video Marketing in the Age of YouTube, and is an attorney at one of the top medical malpractice law firms in the country, Kramer, Dillof, Livingston & Moore in New York City.
In this episode, Gerry and Wayne discuss, among other things:
– How Gerry’s gamble in 2008 on a relatively new website called YouTube changed the course of his legal practice and career
– The formula he stumbled upon for attracting potential clients to his videos (and eventually, his law firm)
– His system for coming up with ideas for videos that has allowed him to publish more than 3400 of them
– What lawyers should have in their videos to keep viewers watching
– What conventional wisdom gets wrong about educational legal YouTube videos
– Why lawyers should NOT want their videos to go viral
– How recording more than 3400 videos helped Gerry become a better lawyer
You can watch the video recording of the episode here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzLQI_GpAx8.
About Gerry Oginski
Gerry’s YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/lawmed1
Gerry’s personal website: https://www.oginski-law.com
Gerry’s law firm bio: https://kdlm.com/new-york-personal-injury-attorneys/gerry-oginski
About Wayne Pollock/the Law Firm Editorial Service
Learn more about Wayne Pollock, the host of Legally Contented: https://www.linkedin.com/in/waynepollock
Learn more about the Law Firm Editorial Service: http://www.lawfirmeditorialservice.com
Do you have any idea how much money your firm is losing when its lawyers write thought leadership marketing and business development content themselves? Learn how much with the Law Firm Editorial Service’s Thought Leadership Cost Calculator: https://www.lawfirmeditorialservice.com/thought-leadership-cost-calculator
Check out blog posts and videos designed to help you and your colleagues improve their content marketing and thought-leadership marketing efforts:
Do you know a lawyer, law firm, or company serving the legal industry doing big things with their content marketing and/or thought leadership marketing that we should feature? Please email us at [email protected] See less –